Year : 2014 | Volume
: 19 | Issue : 1 | Page : 80--81
Multiple choice questions on Rheumatology
|How to cite this article:|
. Multiple choice questions on Rheumatology.J Mahatma Gandhi Inst Med Sci 2014;19:80-81
|How to cite this URL:|
. Multiple choice questions on Rheumatology. J Mahatma Gandhi Inst Med Sci [serial online] 2014 [cited 2021 Apr 13 ];19:80-81
Available from: https://www.jmgims.co.in/text.asp?2014/19/1/80/126271
1. Which of the following is not a criterion for remission in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) according to the ACR/EULAR 2011 criteria?
C-reactive protein (CRP) #8804;1 mg/dLSwollen joint count ≤1Tender joint count ≤1Physician global assessment ≤1
2. A 45-year-old female complaints of increasing widespread joint pains which are worse in the evening after a stressful day at work. She describes puffy hands and feet and a painful neck. Her concentration is very poor and she has recently suffered from marital problems. Rheumatoid factor is mildly positive. Examination reveals an increased body mass index and global restriction of movement due to pain, but no synovitis. Which of the following investigations would be useful in this case?
Anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodyUltrasound scan hands and feetAnti-JO-I antibodyErythrocyte sedimentation rate and C reactive proteinAnti-mitochondrial antibody
3. Which of the following drugs is most likely to cause systemic lupus-like syndrome?
4. A 25-year-old female gives birth to a baby with complete heart block who subsequently requires pacemaker insertion. Which of the following antibodies is most likely to be detected in the maternal serum?
Anti-double-stranded deoxyribonucleic acid (dsDNA) antibodiesAnti-endomysial antibodiesAnti-Ro/SSA antibodiesAnti-SCL70 antibodiesRheumatoid factor
5. Which of the following is a pro-inflammatory cytokine?
CRPInterleukin 4 (IL-4)IL-10Serum amyloid precursor proteinTumour necrosis factor-alpha
6. A 72-year-old man presents with an acutely painful right knee. On examination, he had a temperature of 37C with a hot, swollen right knee. Of relevance amongst his investigations, was his white cell count which was 12.6 Χ 10 9 /l and a knee X-ray revealed reduced joint space and calcification of the articular cartilage. Culture of aspirated fluid revealed no growth. What is the most likely diagnosis?
GoutPsoriatic monoarthropathyPseudogoutRheumatoid arthiritisSeptic arthritis
7. Which of the following regarding Infliximab is most true?
Is a monoclonal antibody to the glycoprotein IIb-IIIa receptorIs authorized for the treatment of severe ulcerative colitisIs licensed for the treatment of RAIt prevents relapse of Crohn's disease in patients who are in remissionMust not be used in combination with methotrexate due to increased toxicity
8. A 25-year-old lady with known systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) presents with the nephrotic syndrome. A renal biopsy is performed and this confirms diffuse proliferative glomeronephritis (WHO Class IV). Which of the following treatment regimens would you advise?
Azathioprine alonePrednisolone aloneAzathioprine and prednisolonePrednisolone and intravenous cyclophosphamidePrednisolone and methotrexate
9. Which of the following auto-antibodies may have a role in monitoring disease activity?
Rheumatoid factor in RAAntinuclear antibodies in SLEAnti-Sm antibodies in SLEAnti-dsDNA antibodies in SLEAnti-Ro (SSA) antibodies in Sjogren's syndrome
10. A 69-year-old woman taking hydralazine for hypertension presents with joint pain and chest pain. On cardiac examination, the patient has a pericardial rub. What is the diagnosis?
DermatomyositisSLEPolymyalgia rheumaticFelty syndrome
Physician global assessment <1a, b and dProcainamideAnti-Ro/SSA antibodiesTumor necrosis factor-alphaPseudogoutIs licensed for the treatment of RAPrednisolone and intravenous cyclophosphamideAnti-dsDNA antibodies in SLESLE